One Dozen Shores & Islands Must-Do's
June 17, 2014
There's so much to love in Ohio's Lake Erie Shores & Islands! Whether you prefer a getaway that includes lazy days at the beach, fishing with friends, and bicycling around an island, or one filled with exciting thrills like roller coasters, waterslides, and parasailing, the Lake Erie Shores & Islands is the ideal destination. It offers a coastal retreat with abundant recreational options to satisfy any number of interests. Visit soon and find your Lake Erie Love!
1. Cruise to an island and take a tour, or rent a golf cart or bicycle and ride along the water's edge at your own pace.
2. Go to Cedar Point and be thrilled by the rush of breathtaking rides or the talent of live entertainers.
3. Spend an entire day or two splashing in a refreshing, multi-activity waterpark.
4. Fish Lake Erie or one of the many tributaries that flow into it, for some of the freshest catch-of-the-day.
5. Enjoy the lake and go kayaking, canoeing, sailing, parasailing, boating, or Jet Skiing.
6. Photograph the lighthouses, and if visiting in the right season, climb the spiral staircase to the top of the Marblehead light and enjoy the spectacular view.
7. Explore numerous museums and enjoy hands-on exhibits or a docent's account.
8. Sunbathe or show off your talents building sandcastles at the beach.
9. Sample locally-crafted brews and wines and learn about the process of production for each unique blend.
10. Attend an annual festival and enjoy the entertainment while savoring the harvests of the season.
11. Walk a nature trail enjoying the native flora and fauna of the region.
12. Visit an animal park and pet, feed, and perhaps ride one of the animals.
Planning your Lake Erie Shores and Islands getaway is easy; use the Itinerary Builder at SHORESandISLANDS.com!
Ohio's Lake Erie Shores & Islands
One of the Midwest hottest vacation spots, the region between Toledo and Cleveland provides an eclectic mix of historically significant sites, family-fun amusements, gorgeous scenery, and outdoor recreation.