Vote Sandusky, Ohio Best Coastal Small Town
Let your voice be heard!
If you are one of the thousands of residents or millions of visitors, you know just how amazing the city of Sandusky is. From its booming food scene to the breathtaking views from the waterfront, Sandusky is a city on the rise. And when you add in all the hip shopping locations and world-class attractions (like Cedar Point, Kalahari, Great Wolf Lodge, and more), it’s easy to see why the judges at USA Today have nominated Sandusky, Ohio, for the Best Coastal Small Town award! But to win, we need your help.
How to Vote?
You can vote daily at https://www.10best.com/awards/travel/best-coastal-small-town-2019/sandusky ohio/ After you vote, be sure to share it with your friends on social media. You can vote once a day until noon on Monday, May 6, 2019. So, vote early, vote often!
- Sandusky is the only city in Ohio to make the list
- It is home to the best amusement park on the planet – Cedar Point. With more than 100 rides, shows, and attractions, Cedar Point is A Place Like No Other
- Sandusky offers so many ways to “cool” off thanks to its splashtastic water parks – including Kalahari Resorts & Conventions, Great Wolf Lodge, Cedar Point’s Castaway Bay, and Cedar Point Shores
- History, history, history! The city offers a rich history with ties to the Underground Railroad, ice harvesting on Sandusky Bay, a masonic street grid that resembles that of Washington, DC, and numerous museums, including the Maritime Museum, Follett House Museum, and Merry-Go-Round Museum
- Sandusky is proudly diverse, walkable, and has an entrepreneurial spirit
- Recently, downtown Sandusky has seen an investment of $100M with historic buildings being renovated and 70 new businesses entering the marketplace
- Public-private projects are transforming the waterfront and the city, including: the creation of a 12 mile path, called the Sandusky Bay Pathway; a distinct program with Bowling Green State University and Cedar Fair that offers students the opportunity to learn resort management and hospitality from Cedar Point professionals; the reconstruction of a pier to include a greenspace, boardwalk and sunset stairs; and more
- The city has a rich and vibrant arts scene – anchored by the legendary Sandusky State Theatre and Sandusky Cultural Center
- When you talk about Sandusky, you have to include the local food scene. From fresh Lake Erie Perch at Dockside Café to unique creations at J Bistro and everything in between, Sandusky is a foodie’s dream come true!
- Sandusky is booming! From a variety of new activities, including a boutique hotel, speakeasy, ax throwing, escape rooms, Segway tours, kayak and paddleboard rentals, to exciting events, programs, and so much more, Sandusky has to be on your travel bucket list
So, show your Sandusky pride and vote for your favorite Coastal Small Town: https://www.10best.com/awards/travel/best-coastal-small-town-2019/sandusky ohio/
Ohio's Lake Erie Shores & Islands
One of the Midwest’s hottest vacation spots, the region between Toledo and Cleveland provides an eclectic mix of historically significant sites, family-fun amusements, gorgeous scenery, and outdoor recreation.