Published September 2018
Whether you cheer for your favorite college or professional sports team, you don’t have to miss a minute of the action while visiting Ohio’s Lake Erie Shores & Islands. Here are just a few of the best places to catch the big game!
- Cleats Club Seat Grille - Sports fans in Marblehead know that Cleats Club Seat Grille is THE place to go when you want to watch the game. Their extensive menu features mouth-watering appetizers, soups, salads, sandwiches, and more. However, Cleats is known for their amazing wings and variety of sauces.
- Quaker Steak & Lube - “The Lube,” as it’s known to fans, is all about sports, muscle cars, and wings! In fact, with 50 locations across the country, “The Lube” serves more than 30 million wings annually! Hungry sports fans can choose from more than 25 signature sauces, including the extremely hot Triple Atomic Wings. They are so hot, you have to sign a release form before ordering!
- Daly’s Pub - Located in the heart of downtown Sandusky, Daly’s Pub features bay views, great food, and a laid-back attitude. On the weekends, Daly’s is a great place to watch the game with friends while enjoying delicious food and drinks, including their amazing burgers, salads, or their signature perch tacos.
- Frosty Bar - Hungry island visitors know, the place to go for breakfast, lunch, or dinner is Frosty Bar. This island staple features some of the best pizza in the Shores & Islands region, as well as great local brews from Great Lakes, Fat Heads, Rhinegeist, Market Garden, Platform, and Brew Kettle breweries. Try a cold one with a hot pizza – delicious!
- Thirsty Pony - Thirsty Pony, located in Rain Water Park, is “A Fun Place to Eat and Drink.” Featuring Frickers-brand wings and ribs, drunken clams, gourmet pizzas, and an outstanding array of burgers, Thirsty Pony is the perfect game day option for the entire family.
- Manny’s Sports Tavern - This locally-owned and operated full service bar offers a wide selection of craft brews and fresh, hand-made burgers and sandwiches. Featuring over a dozen high-definition TVs with the NFL Sunday Ticket, you’ll never miss a play!
- Buckeye Bar/Caddy Shack - Ohio State Buckeye fans know that one of the best outdoor locations to watch the game is Buckeye Bar at The Caddy Shack on Kelleys Island. Their famous grilled (never fried!) wings are available on Saturdays and will continue for all Ohio State football games.
- Cheers Sports Bar & Grill - Cheers is a local hotspot with 14 screens featuring DirecTV’s ultimate sports package. A variety of food and drink specials are available during games.
- Crosswinds Restaurant & Bar - This establishment offers a vibrant yet casual atmosphere for families and sports fans alike. The menu features Lake Erie perch and walleye, choice cut steaks, hefty burgers, and the locally famous Cameo Pizza.
- Twin Oast Brewing - Located in the middle of a beautiful 60-acre farm estate, Twin Oast features craft brews made with unique flavors and home-grown ingredients. Every Saturday, BYOC (bring your own chair) and watch the game outside on the big screen. Take advantage of the tailgate buffet special ($18/person), including mini burgers & dogs and a build-your-own nacho bar with house made chips, pulled chicken & pork.
- Erie Social Shuffleboard Club & Bar - Get social and watch the game on two large projection screens with live audio. Feeling competitive? Challenge your friends to a friendly game of shuffleboard, darts, or cornhole. Quench your thirst with a variety of drink specials.
- Jet Express - Take the Jet Express into Cleveland for a Browns game! Trips depart from Black River Landing in Lorain for a ride right into downtown Cleveland. Enjoy a short walk to the stadium for a fantastic football game. The boat departs from Cleveland one hour after the game ends. Trip dates: September 9, October 7, and October 14
- Goodtime I - Cruise to Kelleys Island to watch the Cleveland Browns. Arrive 30 minutes prior to kick off and make your way to your favorite bar to watch the game! Enjoy free pizza and entertainment while onboard. For guests 21 and older only.
No matter who you’re rooting for this season, don your best team apparel and get out to one of these fun establishments to enjoy game day with friends and fans. Go team!