Top 5 Tips for Sports Event Planners
Experienced sport event planners know that the key to success is keeping their skills sharp and saving time any chance they get. If you’re searching for ways to improve your craft while simplifying the process, the following provides a good place to start when considering Shores & Islands Ohio for upcoming events.
1. Connect with Shores & Islands Ohio – Save yourself hours of research and planning stress by checking out SHORESandISLANDS.com. Then contact our team to help with planning your sports event from start to finish, including great lodging rates, marketing tools, vendor recommendations, grant assistance, and much more. Planning a successful event requires a feet-on-the-ground approach even though you may be hundreds of miles away. That's where our team comes into play. Our hands-on team members are amazing event planners that can help you check items off your list and provide a one-stop approach to event planning. We can help with your event budget, choose the right venue, and make sure you accommodate all of your attendees. From facility tours and vendor referrals to event volunteers and promotion, we are here to assist every step of the way.
2. Come Visit – Plan a site visit to Shores & Islands Ohio. Tour our first-class facilities before your event to get a lay of the land. A member of the “home team” will gladly accompany you while you survey the available venues through the Shores & Islands region.
3. Sports Event Planner Toolkit – Contact us and get our FREE Sports Event Planner Toolkit. It’s full of helpful items, such as ways to customize digital save-the-dates and banner ads, promotional copy, and visual assets! The kit is a great way to brand your event, build excitement and look professional on all your marketing channels.
4. Apply for Grant – Shores & Islands Ohio provides grants for event owners who want to host sporting events in our destination. The mission is to create an economic impact through sports by attracting large events that result in overnight stays, create media exposure, and generate awareness of the destination. These grant dollars can be used in a variety of ways such as marketing or transportation for your event. Shores & Islands Ohio wants to do everything we can to ensure the success of your event while to continuing to build a strong and active sports culture.
5. Make Every Tournament a Vacation – There’s a reason we earned the title of America’s Sports & Family Fun Capital®. The Shores & Islands region is an extraordinary year-round location that combines sports travel with a family vacation. Between the delicious dining options, exciting attractions, and island hopping, there is much to see and do during your trip to our destination. Save time and stress during your event by having questions answered ahead of time, such as “where do we eat,” or “what do we do after the game?” Contact us for the Sports Discount Card that can be distributed to your teams and families. This card can be presented at local attractions, shops, restaurants, and lodging accommodations for great deals and discounts.
Now you’ve got the hacks to help you plan the perfect sports event, and you are ready to experience some Lake Erie Love! Get started by contacting Chris Lewis, Marketing & Sales Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org. We can’t wait to welcome your event to the shores of Lake Erie!