Cedar Point Sports Center, Lake Erie Shores & Islands, and Fabens Park Honored in Annual Poll
LAKE ERIE SHORES & ISLANDS, OHIO, January 14, 2021 – And the winner is… sports participants and their fans who book and plan their sporting events in the Lake Erie Shores & Islands region – America’s Sports and Family Fun Capital®!
SportsEvents Media Group, the leading industry publication focused exclusively on helping sports event planners produce excellent competitions in the United States, has announced that each of the following have won awards in the 2021 Readers’ Choice Awards:
- Cedar Point Sports Center 1st place in All-Star Indoor Sports Venue
- Lake Erie Shores & Islands 2nd place in All-Star Destination Partners
- Fabens Park 3rd place in All-Star Outdoor Sports Venues
The top three award winners from sports event planners, destinations, events and sports venues for youth and amateur sports will be honored in the February 2021 issue of SportsEvents magazine.
- “Receiving these awards just proves what a great place the Shores & Islands region is to host sports events,” stated Chris Lewis, Sports Tourism Manager for Lake Erie Shores & Islands. “They validate all the hard work that our communities and venues have done in hosting a wide variety of sporting events and will continue to elevate Lake Erie Shores & Islands as a year-round sports destination.”
Sports event professionals were asked to nominate destinations and sports venues that they believe display exemplary creativity and professionalism toward the youth and amateur sports groups they host. Almost 4,000 votes were cast to name the winners in each category, including an emerging industry leader and all-star virtual and live events.
- “It is an honor to be recognized for the Readers’ Choice Award,” said Doug Steinwart, Operations Manager for the City of Huron Parks & Recreation Department. “Fabens Park is an exceptional public sports facility, thanks to our community, the City of Huron, and Huron Township, for their long-term commitment to improving the park. We are excited to continue to welcome youth sports teams in the upcoming seasons.”
While many know the Shores & Islands region for its wide array of summer attractions, like Cedar Point and the Lake Erie Islands, the region is also gaining popularity as a year-round destination, thanks in part to world-class venues such as Cedar Point Sports Center.
- “As part of America’s Sports and Family Fun Capital, we are truly honored to receive this award; validating the tireless effort put forth by community leaders to create an award-winning, sports destination,” said Wes Hall, General Manager of the Cedar Point Sports Center. “The Cedar Point Sports Center provides an opportunity for athletes and guests to experience an unbeatable combination of state-of-the-art sports venue and a thrilling destination 12 months out of the year.”
Sports Force Parks also received honorable mention in the categories of All-Star Outdoor Sports Venue and All-Star Multipurpose Sports Venue. The City of Sandusky was one of the final nominees for All-Star Outdoor Sports Venue for their use of Lake Erie in hosting major fishing tournaments. Put-in-Bay’s 6v6 Soccer Cup hosted on McCann Fields was one of the final nominees in the category of Live Sports Event to Watch in 2021.
For more information about booking your next sports event in the Shores & Islands region, please visit SHORESandISLAND.com/groups/sports.
ABOUT SHORES & ISLANDS OHIO
Shores & Islands Ohio is the Midwest’s favorite getaway. This coastal destination boasts 152 miles of Lake Erie shoreline, the best fishing on the Great Lakes, welcoming communities, rich history, a wine trail, and an abundance of family-friendly attractions. World-famous Cedar Point Amusement Park calls it home, along with Kalahari Resorts & Conventions, other indoor and outdoor water parks, animal parks, sports venues, and more. Visitors enjoy ferries and cruises to Put-in-Bay, Middle Bass, and Kelleys Island. One of the country’s best areas for spring and fall bird migration, the area is overflowing with natural beauty and opportunities for outdoor recreation. More at SHORESandISLANDS.com
For more information, contact:
Chris Lewis, Sports Tourism Manager
Jill Bauer, Public Relations Manager
Shores & Islands Ohio