Port Clinton Lighthouse
Location & Visitor information
This restored lighthouse, built in 1896 and placed at the entrance of the Portage River, remained active for 56 years. The light was decommissioned in 1952, when it was moved on orders of the U.S. Coast Guard. For more than 60 years, this lighthouse stood quietly on private property. Restoration of the lighthouse began in 2014 by the Port Clinton Lighthouse Conservancy. A replica Lightkeeper's Boathouse, located near the lighthouse features historical displays and artifacts, keeper's rowboat, and gift shop. Hours are the same as the lighthouse with no additional cost. Tours offered Memorial Day-Labor Day, Sat 12-5 pm.